syntax issues
24.10.2023 20.53

NinjaTrader 8 Programming Strategies Guide

NinjaCoding friend

I have been following the course and editing as it progressed. I have some issues which C# is saying are not acceptable and it provided syntax changes. Here are some examples: the course said to add private void SetDefaults() and private void SetParameters().. C# changed it to be private static void SetDefaults() and private static void SetParamenters(). Please let me know if these will work properly. I have other error codes in the Error List. It is telling me that in  public class BasicTemplate : Strategy, the type or namespace "Strategy" could not be found. Please advise. 

• Yuri Zolotarev
    24.10.2023 21:47

Hey, you seem to be facing a few minor coding issues that you need to understand how to handle. I suggest  you take Mosh Hamedani Beginners and Intermediate C# course from Udemy to get you up and running with C#.

Its a perfect course. Very easy to follow understand and study. These two courses should give you a very good foundation of C# and you can code a lot of stuff for NinjaTrader after you are done with it or even whilst you are taking it. You can google Mosh or find him on Udemy.